Thursday, September 1, 2011

teal day ~ auction #4 DONE!!




IMG_6586
September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance is encouraging you and me to wear teal this month, but especially this first Friday in September which has been declared National Teal Day.

Teal has become the ovarian cancer community’s color as pink is for breast cancer. The community wants to use the color to serve as a reminder that ovarian cancer is the 5th leading cause of cancer death among women.

A simple way to wear teal is to join the campaign “Teal Toes.” Simply paint your toe nails using a teal colored nail polish. Wear sandals, flip flops, or open toed shoes to show off your “teal toes.” When someone comments on your bright toes, use the opportunity to teach them about ovarian cancer.
Read more here.
September 2011
(loving my new hoops from my sweet friend carey!! you can get your own at 147 million orphans)
IMG_6551



Auction Fabric #4.... paradise flowers in TEAL.... you choose your size and style (look on home page for styles)............... CONTACT button at top with your bid... starts at $20 (no shipping charge).... ends Friday evening pm.............. FINAL bid :$55

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I am always a coral toe nail polish girl, but now I just have to go pick up some teal polish! My trainer's nails were a bright teal today... I wonder if that is why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your beautiful smile! Funny I've had my toes painted teal for a week now, even before I saw your post. So I'm set!

    Love and Prayers,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I have followed your blog for awhile. I have teal polish on in your honor. You inspire me. And, if my girls were younger, they would be Poppy Dip girls for sure!
    God Bless,
    Annie D

    ReplyDelete