Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ask Seek Knock

last night sitting in our Wednesday night Bible study ~ Michael Card leading the study and going over each verse in this chapter ~ these verses hit my heart hard!

Matthew 7:7-12

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. "


another translation...

Matthew 7:7-12 (The Message)

7-11"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?

12"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God's Law and Prophets and this is what you get. "


.... as Montie and I have been praying... well let me say for 'me'.. I've not prayed specifically (directly) for the amount of provision that God has 'wow-ed' us with already!! Michael Card was saying that sometimes God's answers to our prayers are not what we ask for...
that He gives us what is best! ALWAYS!!


GOD is showing HIS mighty awesome power!!
The abundance of provision for our plane tickets/Montie's missed work
through your giving ... simply makes me cry!

"Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab th e initiative and do it for them. "
this is what you've done for us!
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

this is the very moment we were handed our Samson Jude!
December 26, 2010

5 comments:

  1. Sallee, if you are going to be sewing, can I give you the heads up that I would love to buy a few size 7-8ish dresses?...my girls wear theirs ALL THE TIME. I would love to order a special one for our little China doll to send as a gift to her also, while she waits for us...
    Thank you!
    Shonni

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shonni! I've cut out 3 size 7/8 today :) and LOTS others!!
    I'll let you know when they are going to be posted... a day or 2 before :)
    blessings, Sallee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sallee---I want to send you some money to go towards your trip. I'll stick it in the mail tomorrow. I wish it could be more but I'm praying that there are bunches and bunches of others out there just like me who are sending what they can.

    And btw, I also am looking forward to seeing your new things. My little 5 year old would look adorable in a Valentine's twirl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, if I contribute online, do you have to pay a transaction fee? If so, I'll mail it as a check instead. Just let me know which you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sallee,
    I love The Message translation of the Bible! It made me excited to read the Bible again. A lot of passages though, especially in the OT, make me go, "I thought that's what it was saying," and not in a pretty way.
    So Michael Card (who sang Arise My Love) is one of your Bible Study leaders??
    You, Montie and Samson are beautiful in the photos.
    Prayers continue,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete