Saturday, January 1, 2011

Before.... After


Our little Samson Jude

let the pictures speak for themselves....

Sue-- our amazing director of our agency had this to say...


"I am not sure we have seen such a transformation....his skin, his eyes.. he now has a glow... when I first got his pictures, I was sure we would NEVER find him a family............ and now... well.... he is one blessed little boy and you are blessed too, for stepping out into the unknown to save a little Gumuz boy"

So let me 're-cap' our story for you....


We've been called to adopt again ~ a 3rd time from Ethiopia ~
We currently have five children at home ~
3 bio and 2 adopted
and NOW we have passed court!! so let me re-say
We currently have SIX children!!
Adeline 17
Madison 17
Gabriel 12
Esther 5 (ET in '06)
Solomon 3 (ET in '08)
Samson Jude 3 in ETHIOPIA waiting for us!!

We began the process in Feb. 09...
long story short
we were with another agency
changed
through God's divine providence we saw little Samson
(his given Ethiopian name!)
We felt the call to adopt him!
MORE paperwork
Through this process Ethiopian law changed...a 2 trip country now
one trip for court - to go before the judge to pledge our commitment to adopt
one trip for embassy-- with his visa granted--to bring him home.

Montie ~ my hubs! ~ and I just returned home from Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA from meeting our son and going to court. We passed!


Now

We wait to hear that all has been cleared and his visa has been granted
then we will travel back to bring him home.
(4-8 weeks from now????? but as you know this can change!)


We originally thought I would travel for court so as to save $
changed ~ as we learned his story ~ we saw it necessary for us BOTH to be there.

We originally thought I would travel with our son Gabe to the embassy date.
As Adeline, Madison, and Montie traveled to pick up our Solomon back in '08 ~ that trip was life changing for our girls ~ we desire Gabe to 'see'
BUT
after meeting Samson Jude on December 26th, 2010
we see it necessary for BOTH Montie and I to travel to pick him up
and our hearts desire is to still have Gabe along.
BUT
as you know this all costs$$

Many many of you have been so supportive with the POPPY DIP clothing that I sewed/sold for our fund
nearly 1700 dresses!!
THANK YOU!

The sewing machines were sent to the shop before we left for court~ and are still there!
To be honest I'm very tired of sewing and my children are too!! and hubs!!
our plea to you is to make a small donation
if everyone who bought a POPPY DIP gave just $10 we could have enough to buy all 4 plane tickets
yes FOUR
Daddy, Mommy, Brother, and return flight Samson Jude!

Please consider and know that we appreciate all of you
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

and share this
post it
FB it
Tweet it
tell it
shout it!!

BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!




4 comments:

  1. What an amazing change!!!
    I’m mentioning you over at my blog also.
    Praying that the LORD provides.
    (P.S. I miss your dresses!!!! If you getting in a sewing mood for THREE little 7-8 year olds - let me know - LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAYBE just maybe I'll sew up a stash to sell before we leave? I have to get my machines out of the shop--they were being serviced!...

    Would anyone else be interested in some ready-made POPPY DIPS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i didn't realize WHO your boy was...I hugged and kissed on him while kelly took pics...kelly took that pic on your blog...I just never realized he was YOUR boy..he was so adorable and so full of SMILES...we couldn't get the smile off his face..he was so sweet and cute....loved him...I had no idea you had switched agencies..and now we're with them too :) will post about this soon...making our announcement today :) kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sallee
    He doesn't even look like the same baby boy! Amazing what love will do. I cannot wait to meet your little peeps.

    I've spent the weekend in TN and am heading back to CA tomorrow. We lost my mama in love on 12/23. We were in New England for two weeks and just got to TN Friday night.

    Blessings,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete