Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday to Praise Him!

Today is one of the first days that I felt like getting up and going anywhere. So off to church we went (it's been months and have so missed it)... It was good to see familiar faces but hard to say (no hugs please) as my 'counts' (white blood count and platelets) are quite low. The sermon was just what our family needed to hear ....







As I lay in my hammock on the front porch many times I call out to God but not exactly sure what to say as the pain is intense and I have so many questions ...



Romans 8:31-34 was the call to worship.... timely for me.

also Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."





I want to thank the many of you for praying for me and my family. This has been hard and it's not over. I go for my 3rd treatment on Wednesday. The treatment is nothing compared to the week following.





I want to share also what happened today when we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch (someone gave us a gift card-thank you!) .....




I usually ALWAYS have my 'gollum like head' covered if I go out in public... but I got hot and frustrated and pulled off my scarf ...but left the sunglasses on... OH HOW THEY STARE! anyways ...



We got our lunch and being my appetite is about as big a walnut, and the air conditioner was freezing me, I told Montie I'd wait for him and the kids outside in the rocker that was right in the sunshine.... OH it felt so good... I had my scarf kinda draped over my head when we went in and while sitting in the sun, but you could see the bald back......



Well here came this nicely dressed older lady and she sat down right next to me... "Do you have cancer?" 'yes' "My names is Susan (honestly I don't remember her name) and I had cancer too. I am a Christian." 'yes-i am too' "When I had cancer I wanted to give up and didn't want to go on, but the Lord promised to raise me up and that's exactly what He did and I'm living years past that." 'well this last week i prayed that He would raise me to heaven and just take me it was such a hard week-and He didn't' "May I pray for you?".........so she prayed for me, for my family, for the Lord to raise me up be it to heaven or on here on earth- whatever His will. Then she squeezed my hand and said , "I'll probably never see you again, until the day we're together in heaven!" and she walked back in to her lunch table.




So as I'm often told...


you'll be able to help someone some day.



12 comments:

  1. Oh Sallee, how precious the story of the lady who prayed for you. I think of you often and pray also. I am so sorry!!!! Thank you for sharing with us, your journey with the LORD through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful story....thank you for sharing....praying for a total healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I pray for you every time she wears one of your dresses...which is basically every single day since they are her favorites! I love telling everyone your story - the whole thing, adoptions, dresses, and cancer. You're perfect just the way God made you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please know Sallee my family is praying for you! I've read your post through tears to them and we've prayed for you and your sweet family! Praying He is glorified through you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sallee, I don't know you but the Lord has woken me up several times in the night to pray for you and your family. Even when you're too weary to know how or what to pray, God is raising up intercessors for you. Praying for increased strength and hope each day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. in tears over the precious woman the Lord sent to encourage and pray for you. how amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That story made me cry. Jesus is carrying you through this. He will be strong when you can't be. Still praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe you just "entertained an angel unaware" Hebrews 13:2-- love you sweet Sallee!! God is faithful and I pray that you know how many you are encouraging and helping through your trial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless YOU and God bless the Lord's sweet messenger at Cracker Barrel. What a beautiful, touching story....

    I'm sorry people stare. They stare at my little girl all of the time...and I don't get it. But I must say...you are so beautiful...truly!

    Praying...

    Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sallee you and your girls are beautiful! What a beautiful story you shared. The Lord sent you an angel to chat with.

    Blessings to you girlfriend.
    ~suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful story, the LORD is among us!
    hugs as you heal
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be praying for you and your family. I have purchased some of your beautiful dresses which have blessed our little girl! Prayers coming...

    ReplyDelete